Gateway Select is an innovative talent pathway for those seeking to become pilots at JetBlue. This particular Gateway Program will allow an applicant, if successful, to learn with us from the beginning and become a JetBlue pilot after completing a rigorous training program.
This unique, accessible and cost effective JetBlue Pilot Gateway Program will take a more competency-based approach to becoming a professional pilot. The Program will optimize the training of prospective airline pilots by offering early exposure to multi-crew/multi-engine operations, full motion simulator training, crew resource management, and threat and error management. Once meeting all program requirements, including the FAA's 1,500 flight-hour requirement, pilots will become a new hire at JetBlue. At that time, graduates will go through the same orientation and six-week instruction that all E190 first officers complete.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 23 years old by the completion of the approximate 4-year program.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a First-Class Medical Certificate
- Able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States by the end of training.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
How It Works
If accepted into the program, students follow a multi-phase training sequence over the course of four years.
- Phase I: Core Academics + Core Flying Skills
- Phase II: Basic Flying Skills
- Private Pilot’s License (PPL) Module
- Phase III: Intermediate Training
- Phase IV: Advanced Training
- Abridge Course
- Employment with CAE
- New Hire Training as a JetBlue First Officer
Gateway Select has been designed to bring more predictability and a lower overall cost to aspiring pilots.
The cost of Gateway Select is approximately $125,000, payable in installments over the course of roughly 15 months. We are currently exploring multiple options for financial assistance to help alleviate monetary barriers to this program. Check back in the near future for more details.
How to Apply
- Submit an application
- Submit application essays - details provided after application is complete
- Receive assessment invitation and prepay $200 fee (covers assessment administration and processing fees)
- Take the online assessment
- If invited to the on-site visitation, obtain First-Class Medical Certificate
- On-site visitation, interview and testing